Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Labour Day







Well,today is public holiday in russia , we’re all celebrating this big events-Labour day on the Red square of Kursk, which is capable of accommodating tens of thousands of people in the open space. I was too lazy to get up early in the morning and trying to sleep back when the dean hostel came to wake me and the others. We all gathered at the lobby of our hostel and it took about 20 mins to walk to our university. Many different flags representing their own country in the entrance of our university, but geography wasn’t my best subject, I couldn’t recognise them! Haha! After waiting for 20 mins, we started moving to the street into the team. The weather was superb nice^^ I thought this labour day would be very boring one but it’s not at all! We could see people from all over the world participated in the marching for this great event! There were marching band, soldiers, students etc in the marching team. We marched around 25mins to reach the Red square.. Then, it was 1st the opening ceremony followed by marching band performance, releasing thousands of balloons and russian performance.. Besides there was street performance by Russian.. it was fun XD..

after that we went to the food stall nearby . There was a park and funfair. I ate the lavash pork with tomato sauce and cotton candy… it’s so nice !! and because of the spring season here, I was able to see the red and yellow tulips near the park.. they have a short blooming period..

  After visiting the Red square, we went for shopping at puskinski and I bought a new adidas bag in the adidas shop.. it costs about rm 190.. but I like the bag very much because it was my 1st adidas bag.

After shopping, we organised a small BBQ party with our seniors at their house, which is 3-4mins drive from our hostel. We BBQ outside the apartment and unfortunately we were unable to finish all the things we
bought because the sky was so dark that we couldn’t see anything.. so we moved all the things back to the apartment and cooked them under the stove.. haha! But it’s indeed my wonderful day here in kursk..


Squeeze out some time for yourself to relax your mind during the exam week.. sometime it would be good to let go of yourself for awhile … it help in refreshing mind ^^











one of the russian's family BBQ with us

No comments:

Post a Comment